Last updated on 09/03/2021
Assistant Director, Marketing
ABOUT STANFORD RECREATION & WELLNESS
Aligned with the pioneering spirit of Stanford University, Stanford Recreation and Wellness is committed to bold and purposeful engagement. Our people create a campus and workplace where everyone’s well-being flourishes. As part of the country’s leading collegiate athletic department, we work cohesively, lead with courage, pursue and revere excellence, and activate movement, adventure, fun, leadership, and learning.
We are building a community that is inclusive and a team that is committed to excellence. We take risks. We are willing to stand alone. We do the right thing. We develop our employees. We celebrate achievements. We have fun. If that sounds like you, join us.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Communications and Engagement, the Assistant Director, Marketing will support all efforts to communicate our message(s) and story to the Stanford campus. This position will also develop marketing initiatives and promote programs, services, and events, while driving cross-functional collaboration across the department.
As Assistant Director, Marketing, you are highly skilled in graphic design, a progressive influencer, creative, talented in web-site maintenance, and balance strategic thinking with day-to-day executional skills. You like the challenge of operationalizing processes and bring that nuanced thinking to each project you take on. Stewarding relationships, you’ll work closely with divisions and work teams within the Department of Athletics, PE, and Recreation (DAPER). At its core, communication and engagement at Recreation and Wellness starts with our customer in mind and delivers a story of how our department helps our campus flourish through physical fitness, health, and well-being.
In this role you will:
- Work across several aspects of communication and engagement – from graphic design and branding to targeted creative outreach and storytelling, campaign management, advocacy, and events.
- Create conceptually strong visual designs and graphics through fluency with InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Design production-ready assets such as logos, icons, and graphics.
- Across all relevant social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) oversee and manage day-to-day internal account operations and brand integrity.
- Execute department newsletter.
- Ensure department library of quality photos of adventure/outdoor programs, fitness programs/classes, active sports/games, and facilities.
- Partner with program stakeholders to create and execute innovative strategies and marketing plans that drive awareness, engagement, and program/services adoption.
- Develop and foster relationships with production partners to deliver great work (brochures, pamphlets, etc.) that is on time and on budget.
- Identify optimization opportunities for improving performance and number of participants through use of various web interfaces.
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand Stanford students, faculty, and staff and represent the voice of the user.
- Ensure website maintains ADA and WCAG compliance.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to edit high-level correspondence and write copy for internal and external communications, web, social, and email.
- Proficiency in graphic design using Adobe Creative software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Final Cut Pro
- Experience with WordPress preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong client service orientation and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism to interact with a wide range of people at different levels of an organization.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple priorities, with competing deadlines.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS. Strong user experience/user interface design experience.
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Previous experience managing email and social media marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge of marketing across channels including digital and print.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for ensuring that his/her involvement with Athletic Department activities maintains the integrity of the University’s reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Other duties may also be assigned, not all unique aspects of this job are covered by this job posting. A full job description will be shared during the interview process.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Recreation and Wellness, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.