Galway start-up SymPhysis Medical was among the winners on the night at the 2022 HealthTech Innovation Awards.
This year marks the 10th edition of the annual HealthTech Innovation Awards, an evening that celebrates and rewards companies making waves in the healthcare and tech sectors.
Nine companies were awarded prizes at the 2022 ceremony, which took place last night (23 November) at Dublin’s Mansion House.
Winners on the night included start-ups such as Galway’s SymPhysis Medical, SMEs such as Northern Ireland’s Clonallon Laboratories, and individuals such as Kevin Carroll, who picked up the award for outstanding professional within healthcare.
This year’s ceremony highlighted how industry, through HealthTech Ireland, the HSE and hospitals are collaborating across several areas to tackle complex challenges such as waitlists and digital health transformation.
Speaking about the awards, the CEO of HealthTech Ireland, Susan Treacy, described it as an event “that shines a light on the wonderful organisations, both public and private, and the extraordinary people leading the way in healthcare” in Ireland today.
“This year’s winning initiatives and individuals exemplified the best of the best and what it is to bring positive impact to patients and the healthcare system, through not only state-of-the-art medical health technologies but also the transformation and culture changes required to do it,” said Treacy.
The 2022 judging panel comprised CEOs and senior directors from the public and private sector as well as Enterprise Ireland.
Here is the full list of winners at this year’s HealthTech Innovation Awards:
- SymPhysis Medical – Best Indigenous Healthcare Start-up Award
- Sysco Software Solutions – eHealth Digital Health Award
- xWave Technologies – Most Transformative Impact Award
- DermView Dermatology – Indigenous SME: Most Innovative Product Award
- Clonallon Laboratories and A View Endotracheal Balloon Catheter – Diagnostics for Prevention Award
- HaPPE Earth – Best in Sustainability Award
- Kevin Carroll, TCP Homecare – Outstanding Professional within Healthcare Award
- Oxygen Care with GE Healthcare, TUH and IRES – Excellence in Supply Award.
- TCP Homecare, Outreach Oncology Service with University Hospital, Galway – Homecare Collaboration Award.
10 things you need to know direct to your inbox every weekday. Sign up for the Daily Brief, Silicon Republic’s digest of essential sci-tech news.