Governors seek to appoint a dynamic inspirational leader to drive the school further forward on its journey. Could this be you?
Ashford Oaks Community Primary School is a ‘Good’ school (Ofsted, 2017). It is well resourced with a Nursery provision and a Specialist Resource Provision for ASD. The school was awarded the Balance Scheme for Schools Accreditation in 2018. We are proud to provide a happy, caring and quality learning environment, focusing on the needs of the children. We are fortunate to have superb grounds offering the children the opportunity of being involved in many sporting activities.
We work with the community to provide an inclusive learning culture. We have a strong Pastoral Team, who offer early intervention and support that can make a real difference to parents and children.
On behalf of our children, the Governing Board are looking for a Head Teacher who:
• Creates and communicates a compelling vision, leading by example displaying integrity, creativity, resilience and clarity.
• Demonstrates an ability to think strategically.
• Sustains wide, current knowledge and understanding of education and school systems locally, nationally and globally.
• Supports effective governance.
• Has a proven track record of school improvement.
• Sets ambitious standards by challenging the status quo, clearly articulating a compelling set of principles.
• Diminishes differences for outcomes of vulnerable groups by effectively deploying resources to ensure a positive impact.
• Employs a collaborative approach working with teams to identify the right long-term priorities for the school.
• Exhibits a rigorous review and evaluation of the whole school staff performance management leading to school improvement.
• Exercises strategic, curriculum-led financial planning to ensure effective deployment of budgets and resources.
• Demonstrates a proven ability to motivate and develop staff and to lead change.
As a school community we can offer you:
• An exciting challenge and opportunity to lead our school as it continues on its journey.
• The opportunity to work with a committed staff and Governing Board, keen to move the school forward.
• Pupils who have a positive attitude to learning, who are hardworking, caring and proud to attend their school.
• Our able and committed staff with a ‘can do’ attitude who are dedicated to achieving the best possible outcomes.
• Opportunities to work alongside schools in the Central Ashford Town Schools (CATS) collaboration.
• A commitment from the Governing Board to support and encourage the Senior Leadership Team.
The School and staff are committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.