Prostart Training are working with Newark Hospital (Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Trust) to recruit a Business Administration Apprentice to work in their busy Patient Pathway Coordination (PPC) Department.
The PPC department provides administration support for specialties under Surgery and Medicine Divisions.
The successful Apprentice will be a Business Administration Apprenticeship at Level 2 and will be employed directly by Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Trust for the duration of the Apprenticeship with possible progression opportunities beyond.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy department at Newark Hospital. They are looking to recruit a self-motivated, innovative individual with excellent attention to detail. You will be working in a busy office environment in various departments so this Apprenticeship would suit someone who is organised and has good time management skills. You will become conversant and competent in patient administration work under the supervision of the Senior Patient Pathway Services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locating case notes as required
- Filing of investigation results in case notes
- Taking telephone messages and passing them on efficiently
- Preparing clinical records for outpatient appointments
- Supporting general office duties for example, answering the telephone, taking messages, filing, etc.
- Photocopying and faxing
- Sorting and dispatching mail to the appropriate department
- Assist in the tasks and duties of other staff within the team during periods of staff leave/absence to ensure that an effective quality service is maintained at all times and contributing to the work of the team
- Any other reasonable duties consistent to the role
- It is the responsibility of each member of staff to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Staff must be aware of and adhere to the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act and ensure their own safety and the safety of colleagues and patients
- Staff should be aware of their own individual responsibilities under the Equal Opportunities Policy and ensure that they adhere to the provisions of the policy
- The post-holder will be required to undertake essential training as and when required
Responsibilities of the Post Holder:
- To contribute to the administrative work within the team
To gain an understanding of how the team functions by providing support as required whilst gaining knowledge and experience and by undertaking training in the following:
- QCF Certificate Level 2 in Business Administration
- Functional Skills (including English level 1, maths level 1 and IT Level 1)
- Completion of Employer rights and responsibilities booklet
Any other duties which may be required from time to time, as discussed and agreed with the Line Manager.
This job description is not designed to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, but represents the current key areas of work. The content of this post will be reviewed in consultation with the post holder when necessary and in line with service developments.