Case No: D46YM729
Sitting at the County Court at Central London
His Honour Judge Gerald
the Home Office
THE HOME OFFICE
Before His Honour Judge Gerald sitting at the County Court at Central London, Thomas More Building, Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London, WC2A 2LL.
UPON READING the Court File,
AND UPON the parties agreeing the following draft directions,
BY CONSENT IT IS ORDERED THAT
1. The Costs and Case Management Conference listed for 10th April 2019 at 10.30am be vacated
2. Costs Budgets (excluding incurred costs) are agreed in the sum of £50,635 for the Claimant and £34,245 for the Defendant.
3. There be standard disclosure of documents by list by no later than 4pm on Monday 20th May 2019.
4. Any request for inspection of disclosed documents shall be made within 7 days after the service of the list.
5. Any such request, in paragraph 3, unless objected to must be complied with within 7 days of the request.
6. The parties do by no later than 4pm on Monday 15th July 2019 serve on each other the signed statements of those witnesses of fact upon whose evidence they seek to rely, and serve any notices relating to evidence.
7. The Claimant has permission to rely upon the following expert reports:
a) Professor Katona, Consultant Psychiatrist, 15th January 2018
8. Permission to both the parties to rely upon expert evidence in the field of psychiatry limited to one expert for each party (for the avoidance of doubt, to include an updating report for the Claimant if so advised), such reports to be served as follows:
a) By Monday 9th September 2019 the Parties are to exchange reports;
b) By Monday 7th October 2019 the experts are to discuss and attempt to agree issues;
c) By Monday 28th October 2019 the experts shall serve a statement in accordance with Rule 35.12(3)
9. A party seeking to call the expert to give oral evidence at trial must apply for permission to do so before pretrial check lists are filed.
Trial and listing
10. The trial of this action start during the period 25th November 2019 to 25th April 2020 with a time estimate of 3 days in the County Court at Central London before a Circuit Judge.
11. No pre-trial review is needed.
12. There be a telephone listing appointment before 1st June 2019.
13. The Claimant to pay the trial fee as directed by the Court.
14. The Claimant shall file and serve a trial bundle in compliance with Practice Direction 39.3 and the parties shall exchange skeleton arguments at least 3 working days before the trial.
15. Pursuant to CPR 39.2(4) the Claimant shall be identified only by the initials ‘CT’ in these proceedings, and the name and address of the Claimant shall not be published.
16. There be leave to restore for further directions.
17. Costs in the case.
DATED 10 APRIL 2019